So fresh & so clean
Let's kick off the week with a little bit of self-care, shall we?
I've recently become super obsessed with skincare. I'm constantly searching for the next miracle cream or serum and reading product reviews on Sephora.
I'm guilty of having spent late high school and most of college in a tanning bed. *hides face* I know, I know, this is horrible. But I know I'm not alone, most of my friends did the same.
Because of all of this sun-worshiping, I've noticed that my 26-year-old skin is not quite as vibrant and smooth as it once was. Yikes. So I've started investing time and money in finding the perfect products. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect regimen, but here's a look at my current routine!
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - After I wash my face in the morning (Currently, I use ProActiv's wash since I can be prone to break outs. But I just ordered Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser, so stay tuned for my thoughts on that!) I apply this lovely little treat. This serum smells like oranges, which makes it a nice little pick-me-up for sleepy mornings. You'll feel instantly smoother once it absorbs into your skin (which only takes a minute or so) and I've found that my makeup looks even better after applying this. I haven't finished my first bottle yet, but I'm already seeing smoother skin and a brighter complexion.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream - My second step after washing, both morning and night, is eye cream. Last year, I tested No7's eye cream, but I think this is a bit more effective. It's very light weight, so it's great under makeup. I might switch to something a little more heavy-duty after I'm done with this tube, so let me know if you have any recommendations in the comments! But if you're trying your first eye cream, this is a great price point, so it's definitely worth a try!
- Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel - I am obsessed with this stuff! After spotting it in a few ads, I decided to try it out. It's so hydrating and has just a hint of a refreshing scent. I use it as my last step both morning and night. I may switch to the SPF version for daytime once summer rolls around, but this is seriously great. I have oily skin, and this doesn't break me out or make me more oily. Plus - it's Neutrogena so you can get it almost anywhere and it's less than $20!
- Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair - This is the perfect product if you're ready to try Retinol, but don't want to make a big investment. This tube is less than $30, and really delivers. I use it in the evening to replace my Truth Serum, but I've used it both morning & night before and didn't have any issues. It's great under makeup, because it instantly smooths your skin. I've definitely started to see a difference in the fine lines on my face. I plan to switch it up to their deep wrinkle version, just to see if the amount of Retinol makes a difference!
- Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel - A few times a week, I use this gel to exfoliate my face. The more you use this stuff, the better your results will be! You simply massage the product into clean, dry skin and watch the dead skin roll off in your fingers! I do it after washing my face, and before the rest of my products. Your skin will be so smooth, you'll have to force yourself to stop touching your face! After I'm done this tube (which is pretty large for the $48 price tag) I plan on trying the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial, which is a bit of a splurge.
Aside from my daily items above, I use some other products throughout the week to help improve my skin.
- Sheet Masks - For instant results before going out, or just a way to relax for half an hour, I am OBSESSED with sheet masks. This set on Amazon works great and is a steal.
- Eye Masks - After a long night, these are so relaxing and really help wake up your eyes. Plus, they're cheap and can be found at Target! Win/win!
What are your favorite products? Let me know!